Friday, November 18, 2011

Christmas Questions

Hey guys, Sarah over at Nurse Loves Farmer did a post filling in these questions, so I thought I'd join in on the fun:
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Everyone in my family knows this one - Egg Nog!! I try to hold off until at least December 1 to buy my first carton of the stuff, because it is a Christmas treat.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? My family grew up with present from family and friends wrapped under the tree, but they werent put under there until a couple days before Christmas, to prevent peeking. Our Santa present was set on the coffee table in the living room unwrapped on Christmas morning.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I love the crisp look to a tree with just white lights on. My dad always did the white lights, and I know this year when I buy my tree it will have only white lights on it. The house we used to do white, red and green in a row and our evergreens across the back yard were alternated white, green, and red as well. Then we changed to the coloured evergreens and only white bordering the house. Beautiful, classic look.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, I never grew up with mistletoe hanging, but I do have a green frog with a red ribbon attached to its foot called a Mistle Toad.
5. When do you put your decorations up? I have always done it the first weekend of December. This year I am going to Calgary that weekend, so I will do my dads house as well as my friends Mike & Jen house. This will be the third year I have gone over to their place and helped them decorate.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Probably the dessert platter J
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I have to say the whole Christmas tradition done the same every year is my favorite memory.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I can't remember exactly when it was, but once my siblings and I did find out we still played along. My dad still gets up before we do to set out our Santa Present.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We were allowed to open 1 present on Christmas Eve after midnight mass, which was usually our Christmas pajamas.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our tree at home is pre-lit, so I don't have to worry about the lights. I start with my red and gold bobbles, which go on the insides of the branches to enhance the lights. We have many decorations from the years and from my grandparents and parents. All 3 of us siblings also have our yearly ones with our names on them. Lots of fun decorations. Of course, lastly I put the angel on.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love! Snow = Sledding, hot chocolate, outdoor skating, snowman building, snowboarding etc..
12. Can you ice skate? I can, and I love it although my skates are packed away in storage. I think I may look for a used pair this year as I have no way of getting to mine.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? All of them are my favorite! I can't pick just one out of the bunch.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with my family, more now than ever that we have 3 babies to share in the joy.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Ginger Bread Cookies!!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Putting on all of our Christmas CDs, making a hot cider/cocoa and decorating the house and tree. As well as our Christmas morning tradition of opening stockings first and then presents 1 by 1, one person at a time. Spending time with the family, lounging in your pjs all day and then making supper together. Love Love Love Christmas J
17. What tops your tree? An Angel at my dads place, I have yet to purchase my tree so I will see what I can find.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love to give, especially when its something thoughtful. Seeing the look of surprise on their faces is my favorite!
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? YUMMY, I am a candy-a-holic. Love candy canes!
20. Favorite Christmas show? A Charlie Brown Christmas, hands down! Also love Christmas Vacation, we always have to watch at least twice with dad J
21. What is your favorite Christmas song? I can't think of 1 favorite, I can tell you my favorite Christmas CD is the Charlie Brown Christmas CD!

1 comment:

  1. I love Christmas!! But I will never understand how you can like eggnog (eww) and I am pretty sure santa was ruined when Andrew began snooping and found our santa gifts in the parents closet! Now that I think about it, it is kind of funny that we still have our santa gifts put out the same way they were when we were kids, and we still call them santa gifts! haha

    ReplyDelete