Saturday, December 24, 2011

Lake Louise

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I can't believe it's already here! 

Had a blast yesterday riding out at Lake Louise even though it was windy. It was the first ski trip of the season and made me that much more excited for the other trips to come. So far I already have 2 trips to Marmot Basin planned for January and a potential trip to Panorama. As I said last night, we stayed at the Deer Lodge in Lake Louise. It's an older hotel with lots of character. Vintage furniture in livings rooms and they use keys to open their doors! I haven't seen keys for doors in hotels in quite some time. We were a 2 minute walk from the Chateau Louise, so we wandered up there to look around and grab a bite to eat. We came across the "Glacier Saloon" where we sat down for a pitcher of beer and some nachos. After we were done eating we walked back to the hotel and put on our swimsuits for a dip in the hot tub before a good nights sleep. 



There wasn't a whole lot of snow on the mountain, but definitely enough to have some fun with. It was really nice waking up and only having to drive 5 minutes to the mountain as opposed to waking up at 6 and driving 2 hours from Calgary. The wind was quite chilly (I ended up getting a bit of frost bite on my cheek!), but the sun did make it out for us to enjoy a good 6 hours of riding. 


I hope you all get to enjoy your Christmas Eve's with your loved ones.

♥ K

No comments:

Post a Comment