Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Celebrating Amy




Today my baby sister is twenty one years old.

I swell with pride when I think of the amazing young woman you have grown into. You are such a beautiful soul with an amazing personality – even though you can be sassy at times – but I still love you for it! That is what sisters are for, we can be laughing so hard we have tears running down our cheeks and the next minute be fighting with one another over the littlest thing. All those small moments of bickering mean nothing when it’s the day is over and it’s time for bed. At the end of the day we are sisters and nobody can break the bond that we share. I want you to know how much I appreciate everything you do for me and for others. I know I’m not the easiest individual to please, but you seem to always know what to do or how I’m feeling without me saying a word.

   “You can kid the world, but not your sister.”  - Charlotte Gray 

You are the Peanut But ter to my Jelly, the Piglet to my Winnie, the Chips to my Dip, the Cookies to my Milk, the Sun to my Sunshine- we are two peas in a pod and I love you so very much.

I heart you to the moon and back Amy-Roo! Happy Happy Birthday you beautiful girl, I can't wait to celebrate with you in Viva Las Vegas :)

Love Your Older Sissy,






  ♥ Katie xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Now that is sisterly love. you said it so lovely Kate only you could say it the exact way you feel.love Aunty Len

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tribute to your little sister Katie, you made me cry! Happy Birthday Amy and you girls remember the first rule of Vegas! "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" :)
    Love Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to spend the day collecting my emotions in order to respond to this blog post. Between you and dad within 30 minutes of waking up this morning I had cried twice! I am so lucky to have a sister like you, Katie. I could not imagine growing up without you. As you said, we have our differences (DEFINITELY) but at the end of the day it doesn't matter because the things we share and love about each other always win out.
    There are a couple pictures that you posted where we are wearing the same thing... I thought I would point that out... I always get a kick out of our (accidental) matching outfits.
    Anywho,
    I just want you to know how much I appreciated an ENTIRE blog about me!! (HA take that babies :)) I love you to the moon and back. And I am so excited to start traveling together. First stop Vegas!
    Love you so very much, big seester.

    <3 Amy

    ReplyDelete