Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday Chewsday

Good Morning to you!

I have been away at the family cabin for the long weekend with no internet connection. It was blissful. I always enjoy a trip to the lake - it’s a good stress relief ritual for me. One of my favourite reasons to be at the lake includes having no cell reception. For some people not having cell phone service is a matter of life or death, for me it’s amazing. You can sit down for a meal and have an actual conversation with someone – not having to talk to them with their heads down typing away furiously at their phones. That is one of my biggest pet peeves. I am a strong believer of no cell phones at the kitchen table. Those are some of the rare moments you can spend bonding with your loved ones catching up on your days sans technology. I may be in my twenties but I hate how technology rules our lives. I still write my notes for school and my lists for myself using pen and paper. For myself typing notes doesn’t help me retain much, I need to physically write it down to be able to soak it in. Obviously I should have been born into a different decade!

How was everyone’s long weekends? I had a blast out at the lake with my dad and uncle. We got lots of chores done around the lot, ate like Kings (and Queens), and also enjoyed some karaoke time with our neighbours. Definitely had a great weekend and cannot wait until July long for my next trip out west.

And of course every post is better with some pictures. Here are a few of my darlings (whom I can’t wait to go see after work today) from last weekend.




-         ♥ Katie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment