Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thanksgiving in Fernie Part 1



Amy and I spent this Thanksgiving Long Weekend with our relatives down in Fernie, BC. Friday I left work and drove to Calgary. Naturally the first thing we did when I got there was head to the mall… Amy and I like to shop and we tend to always make a trip to a mall at some point during a visit for either myself or her to our respective cities. We spent a few hours there and then met up with a couple of friends for dinner and drinks at one of my favourite Calgary pubs. I love catching up with old friends over a delicious pint :)

Saturday morning we woke up early and went to pick up our cousin Megan from the airport. She had flown in from Kamloops for the party and I couldn't have been happier.  The 3 of us then hit the open road down towards Fernie for our cousin Al's 40th surprise birthday party.  Once we arrived in town we met up with the Langley Zanusso's - Aunty Jo, Lauren & Aunty Len. We spent the afternoon walking around downtown Fernie enjoying the gorgeous weather and each other's company. 

After a few hours of visiting we went back to the hotel where we got ready for the big party. The theme for the party  was Cowboys and Mexican's - we all had a lot of fun dressing the part. The surprise was a success - my cousin Al was greeted at his house by 75+ of his friends and family. We partied the night away under a big tent with a live band, lots of food and beverages and a massive bonfire. Everyone seemed to have had a blast - I know I did :) Sunday was definitely a day for recovery ;) Here are a few snapshots of our day - more to come tomorrow.













-   Katie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment