Monday, October 22, 2012

Thanksgiving in Fernie Part 2


Sunday morning in Fernie was a quiet one due to a few hangovers in the condo that we stayed in. Those of us who could manage went for breakfast, while some (I won't name names *Cough* Amy) stayed in bed a little longer. It was an absolutely gorgeous day complete with blue skies and sunshine - so naturally I wanted to go for a walk to take pictures. Our little cousins Sylvie & Zav got to spend the day with us while my cousins Van and Al were on the morning after cleanup crew. Those two are quite the amusing pair - I loved spending time with them and wish we were a bit closer so I could see them more. Such amazing kids - I told Vanessa that Amy and I will have to make a trip or two down sometime this winter to visit and go snowboarding. We ended up going for a walk down by the river which ran adjacent to our hotel - where Uncle Ray was fly fishing. The kids enjoyed watching him fish for awhile before we walked back.

Sunday night was turkey time with all the relatives. We gathered in the common room of the condo building my cousins are staying in short term and had a Pot Luck type Turkey & Ham feast. The food was delicious and the company was great. We all stuffed our faces and enjoyed our night. Monday morning was time to say goodbye to the family and head back north towards home.

Overall I had an awesome weekend and can’t wait for our next family gathering. I’m also hoping that there will be more of us at the next one – it’s always hard to get everyone in the same place at the same time – so for now I will enjoy everyone’s company as I can get it!
I love Fernie so much, it's a nice little getaway from the city and its beauty it breathtaking. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoyed taking them.

Have a Fabulous Night!





















 -
 Katie xoxo

1 comment:

  1. again, wow katie!!! Great dialogue and shot's. I look forward to your next blog...love you.
    A. lili

    ReplyDelete